Saturday, April 05, 2003

My sister used to watch Seaquest DSV. I watched it with her, even though 5 minutes of Jonathan Brandis is enough for a lifetime. (Interesting sidenote: he once almost ran me over.) I had a thing for Tim, or whatever his name was - I didn't find him attractive, I just liked him. The actor's name is, of course, Ted Raimi. I was probably about 15 when Seaquest was on the air, so it took me about 6 years to find out who Ted was. After having the piss scared out of me during my first viewing of The Evil Dead, we watched Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn. There was about 10 minutes of pausing and rewinding during The Scene With The Hand, because I was laughing so hard that I kept missing stuff. When the movie ended, I noticed that Henrietta was played by someone called Ted Raimi, the director's brother, and said, "He was on Seaquest DSV!" Will was so impressed. (I hope he was, anyway. I don't actually remember.)

I would like to take this opportunity to state, for the record (if falsely), that the first of Sam Raimi's works that I saw was not The Quick and the Dead or Xena: Warrior Princess. But I will say (truthfully) that I love The Quick and the Dead, even if Bruce's scenes were cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home